Re: qualified local/global Re: Namespace problem

I really would like to see a scenario, where this expressive power of
the XML namespaces makes sense. But if we discuss this generally, there
are many things to consider. First of all if i design something i.e. a
language or an application (which i am more used to) i not only want to
make it as powerful as possible (why design HTML or XML if you have
SGML?), but i have an intent, a goal to achieve. My experience is, the
design should be as small and easy to understand as possible to achieve
this goal. But it should be flexible and easy to extend too (in the
first approach you don't think of all possibilities).

IMHO the namespace design in XML is too powerful and therefore too
complex. This means too hard to understand, too many errors when using
it, too hard to implement. Namespaces are nothing new. Why are the
namespaces in XML more powerful as their counterparts in the programming
languages? There must be more than 'why not'.

Volker Zink