Re: Which elements in mixed="true"?

Hi Thomas,

If the mixed attribute is true then the text nodes inside an element
will be ignored when performing validation, the remaining element
children will be checked against the content model. What elements may go
inside an element is controlled by the content model for that element.

XML Schema provides support for wildcard models and you can control the
validation using the processContents attribute.

For instance:

	<xs:element name="test">
		<xs:complexType mixed="true">
				<xs:any processContents="skip"/>
			</xs:choice>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

will allow to have any elements and text inside the test element even if
those elements are not declared in the the schema.

For more details about wildcards see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Wildcards

Hope that helps,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com