Re: Namespace problem

From: George Cristian Bina <george@sync.ro>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:46:41 +0300
To: Volker.Zink@porabo.ch
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi Volker,

 > I think by setting the targetNamespace in the schema, the elements and
 > types are in the namespace "grips://xml.recom-verlag.de/comm/plem", so
 > why is the namespace 'None' expected (and whats the meaning of the
 > []-brackets)?

The global elements are in the schema target namespace. The local
elements are either in no namespace or in the schema target namespace
depending on the element/@form attribute or schema/@elementFormDefault
attribute. A local element belongs to the schema target namespace if
1. element/@form attribute is set to qualified
or
2. schema/@elementFormDefault is set to qualified and the element/@form
attribute is either not present or set to qualified.

Hope that helps,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com