RE: Constraining a mixed type ?

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:21:45 +0100
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "'Pierre Attar'" <attar@tireme.fr>, "'Bruno Chatel'" <bcha@chadocs.net>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> > > I wonder if it is possible to define a constrain on a mixed
> > > content using XML Schemas.
> >
> > I don't think this is possible.
> >
> > Michael Kay
>
> Actually, a number of interesting constraints are possible.

My interpretation of the original question (I might have interpreted it
wrongly) was that the poster wanted to constrain the content of the text
node children of the mixed content node, and it's this that I don't think is
possible.

(I have a similar requirement myself: an element in which child text nodes
are allowed before the first element child but not following it).

Michael Kay