RE: Attribute Wildcards (another try)

From: Xan Gregg <Xan.Gregg@jmp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:10:03 -0400
To: "Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

I think you've got it right, but I can't explain the reasoning.

It seems reasonable that derivation by extension results
in unioning of the wildcard constraints, but I don't know
why attribute groups have their wildcard attributes
unioned (except for processContents, in which the
first attribute wildcard wins).  I can only guess that
the WG realized the wildcard component was insufficient to
represent the "proper" combination of the wildcards and
decided to make a somewhat arbitrary approximation.

xan