deriving complexTypes from imported types

From: gayathri veerarajan <gaytri_v@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:10:19 +0100 (BST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
can I derive  a new complexType from an imported type with the same name.

<complexType name="Camera">
 <complexContent>
  <extension base="camera:Camera">
   <sequence>
       <element name="Serial No" type="string"/>
    </sequence>
  </extension>
 </complexContent>
</complexType>

I know that this can be done by defining the complexType only with the same target namespace. here the new complex type is of different namespace. is this possible?

with regards,

V.gayathri.