Handling of substitution groups

From: Jochen Wiedmann <jochen@apache.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:33:43 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

trying to understand how to handle substitution groups, I wonder whether
the following
algorithm is semantically correct:

- Suggest I have a global element which is referenced by other global
elements as the target
  of a substitution group. (I understand that all these elements *must*
be global, right?)

- Suggest that I build an implicit group. This group consists of the
possible substitution elements.
  If the head element is *not* abstract, then I will also add the head
element.

- Any reference to the head element is silently replaced by a reference
to the implicit group.

Regards for any help,

Jochen