Seeking a Schema to HTML forms API

From: Lachlan Aldred <l.aldred@qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:45:32 +1000
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hello,

We are working on a workflow system, details of our project can be found at
http://www.citi.qut.edu.au/yawl.

We would like to be able to automatically render forms based on the XML
Schema data types being used inside the engine.

Does any one know of an open source API that can take a schema and produce
an HTML form from it. Hopefully it would preserve some/most of the
constraints in the Schema?

I have had a quick look at the w3 Schema page and have concluded that
MultiCentrix and JaxFront, may have an API that I can use, but both of
these seems to be packaged and licensed in a different way to what I
need.   I would prefer an open source license if possible.

Advice anyone?

Kindest Regards,

Lachlan

Lachlan Aldred