Re: [xmlschema-dev] <none>

Anli Shundi <ashundi@tibco.com> writes:

> Well, I think point 2 of #sch-props-correct [1]
> excludes such multiple definitions.  From the semantics
> of <include> [2] (point 3) both definitions of
> such attribute are included -- they stem from two different
> locations.

Well, that's what I think the less-than-clear bit is -- it says:

  "3.1 If clause 2.1 or clause 2.2 above is satisfied, then the schema
  corresponding to SII' must include not only definitions or
  declarations corresponding to the appropriate members of its own
  [children], but also components identical to all the schema
  components of I."

Ah, right -- this example is less interesting than the one I was
thinking of -- I think you're right in this case there is no doubt
there is an error, because the base types of the two attributes are
clearly different:  one is xs:float, the other an anonymous simple
type defn.

The case I was thinking of was where the included files are different,
but each contains the same XML infoset.  In that case it's open to
processors to say on including the second that no error occurs,
because for each component in its corresponding schema, there is
_already_ "a component identical" to it, as required by the prose
above.

ht

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#sch-props-correct
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#src-include