XSV: Question on treatment of schema imports

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@cio.gv.at>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:54:33 +0200
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

I am currently using XSV 2.5-2 of 2003/07/09, and I run into a problem
with schema imports, which I want to illustrate with the attached example
xsd files.

The main driver is the file main.xsd; this schema includes two schemas
this1.xsd and this2.xsd respectively. The schema represented by this1.xsd
imports an element {urn:other}:other from the urn:other namespace. The
schema represented by this2.xsd has a reference to the the
{urn:other}:other element as well, but does not explicitly import it.

Now, XSV exactly reports an error on this reference in this2.xsd, when I
try to asses the main.xsd:

  "attribute type check failed for {None}:ref: other:OtherElem is
qualified
   by an unimported non-local namespace: urn:other"

My question: is this behaviour of XSV correct, i.e. do I need an explicit
import in this2.xsd for the referenced element?

Thanks a lot,
Gregor