Text and elements as childs?

From: Svend Bent Nielsen <jawsoap@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:33:57 +0000
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello again, and thank you for the last solution Jeni.

I have looked quite a bit, and have found nothing showing how to have
elements that can have both text and elements as childs.

All examples are for markup like this

<xs:element name="author">
    <xs:element name="firstname" type="xs:string"/>
    <xs:element name="surname" type="xs:string"/>

But I need something that can have both xs:string and other elements, using
the above example it would be like this:

  This is an incompetent author.

How do I describe this in schema?

Svend Bent Nielsen

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk/