Re: Problem with .NET - Invalid particle derivation by restriction

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:35:19 +0100
To: "Hugh Wallis" <hugh_wallis@hyperion.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>, "Rob Blake" <robblake@microsoft.com>

That restriction is not allowed by the REC, so .NET is not wrong to
throw it out.  This is a bug in the REC in most people's opinion,
including mine.  Priscilla's workaround doesn't help, unfortunately.

This will be fixed in 1.1, but probably not before.

I'm not aware of a good workaround, unfortunately.

[XSV doesn't enforce this, because it already implements the expected 1.1
rules, sorry about that]

                      Half-time member of W3C Team