From: Mark Thomson <marktt@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi All,

The XML representation summary of the element <restriction> (the one
inside <simpleType>) allows all facet elements to occur indefinetly as
the children of <restriction>.

This is ok for elements like <enumeration> or <pattern>, but for
facets like minLength or maxLength, I don't think it is allowed. The
problem is that I can't see any thing in the document that says that
<minLength>, for example, cannot occur more than once. And if it is
really disallowed, then what isn't it disallowed in the regular
expression specifying the element content?

My question is: what facet elements can occur only once as children of
<restriction>? If the answer is none, then how should a <restriction>
with two <minLength>s, for example, be interpreted?  What part of the
specs talk about this?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com