Off topic: dateTime formatting in Java

From: Jochen Wiedmann <joe@ispsoft.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 07:22:18 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

sorry, that this is slightly off topic, but I think there's a good chance
that one or the other reader has already encountered the same problem in the
past. so I hope it's fine to ask.

XML Schema specifies, that instances of xs:dateTime are formatted like

     1999-05-31T13:20:00-05:00

In Java formatting issues like these are usually performed by using an
instance of java.text.DateFormat. However, I seem to be unable to create a
matching instance (except for deriving a subclass, of course). Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jochen