Meaning of "enumeration" and "pattern" in xs:list

From: Wiedmann, Jochen <jochen.wiedmann@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 00:56:29 +0200
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

I apologize if the question is stupid, but I am unable to read the answer
out of the schema specification:

What is the precise meaning of the "enumeration" and "pattern" facets, when
used in an xs:list type?
Are they constraining the entire list or the items only?

For example, if I have the following type:

    <xs:simpleType>
      <xs:list itemType="int"/>
    </xs:simpleType>

Would

      <xs:enumeration value="1 2 3"/>

be a valid constraint? And if so, would "1 3 2" be a valid value or not?

Regards,

Jochen