How to validate an already loaded XML document

From: <Roland.Jelli@toyota-europe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:19:23 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I'm building a java-based web service using axis. It's a message-style
service, so the service method receives a org.w3c.dom.Document as
parameter. This org.w3c.dom.Document is built by axis.

The traditional schema validation is to turn validation on in the parser,
and to validate the document when parsing it.
In this case, the document is already parsed by axis, and I want to make
sure that it is correct.
What I could of course do is write the document on disk, and re-read it
again to validate, but this seems a quite unefficient manner to work. Isn't
it possible to run an "online" validation on the received document instead
?

Thanks,
Roland