Re: import/include question

Hi Noah,

----- Original Message -----
From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
To: "Rajul Gupta" <rajul@oss.com>
Cc: "XML Schema Dev" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: import/include question

> If I'm following your example, this is not legal because A.xsd has an
> explicit reference to a component from namespace http://www.example.com/N1
> but no import for that namespace.

Please note that A.xsd and C.xsd have same targetNamespace N1.

> The rule is, each document must declare
> its dependencies on anything it explicitly references.

Do you mean that if you reference any component from other schema
explicitly, then you must include/import this schema in the original schema
**directly**? For example, in A.xsd, I must "include" c.xsd. correct?

> Namespaces that
> are used implicitly (for example the base type of some type) need not be
> imported by your schema document.  I hope this helps.

Do you mean, had there been a base type in C.xsd, I could derive the base
type in A.xsd without direct "include"? Could you please explain this a
little more?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Rajul