Re: Problem using getElementById with XML Schema

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:45:32 +0100
To: "David Miller" <test2david@hotmail.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi David,

> I specify 'ID' attributes for some of the elements, so that I can
> locate them using getElementById, but I can only get this to work
> when I use a DTD, not when I use a schema.

I suspect that the problem is simply that the APIs that you're using
were designed before schemas were around and thus do not specify that
implementations should make use of schema information.

Your first step should be to check the documentation for the APIs to
make sure that they will use schema information as well as DTD
information. The next step is to make sure that your XML document is
actually being validated against the schema and that the result of the
validation is being passed through into your code.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison