From: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
To: "Hugh Wallis" <hugh_wallis@hyperion.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, 28 March, 2003 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: Using types from the S4S

<snip/>

The only types that are usable in all schemas are the *built-in*
types. The built-in types are the ones shown in the nice diagram at:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes

The allNNI type that you are talking about is defined in the Schema
for Schema; it is not built-in to all schemas. The fact that the
built-in types and the types defined in the Schema for Schema have the
same namespace does not mean that the types in the Schema for Schema
are built-in.

If you want to have the definitions and declarations that are defined
and declared in the Schema for Schama available in your own schema,
you need to import it:

  <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
             schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd" />

<snip/>

If you received this e-mail in error please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses. The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion.

For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at www.hyperion.com