RE: Defining uniqueness on optional element

From: Cams Ismael <Ismael.Cams@siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:18:18 +0100
To: "'ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk'" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hello Henry,

I think I have misled myself. In my second tests it seems to work, so I have
made a mistake somewhere before. However still a problem exists. When I
validate this with MSXML4.0 and xsdvalid they both do what I expect. However
when I leave out an optional tag, Xerces complains not all the fields are
available. If I am correct with <xsd:unique> the fields are optional and
don't have to be available. But how should the behaviour be in my case: a
combination of fields that must be unique. My expectations are that it
should be no problem to leave out one of the fields. If this is true I can
open a trouble report with Xerces. Can you provide me some clearance about
this ?

Kind regards,
IsmaŽl