Regarding changes to XML Schema introduced by XML Schema 1.1

From: Carsten Klein <carstenklein@yahoo.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:42:24 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I'm new to the list.

Currently I am trying to implement a new type system for java which
conforms to XML Schema 1.0.
Yesterday I saw that the w3 XML Schema working group is working on a
revision or new version to XML Schema, namely version 1.1.
This version, as they stated, will be mostly compatible to XML Schema 1.0.

Does anybody know of or has any information on the changes which will be
introduced to XML Schema 1.1 in respect to version 1.0.
Especially, may I go save with the presumption that the already existing
facets will further exist and the fundamental type system introduced by the
XML Schema 1.0 is going to last, perhaps with a few changes here and there?

I appreciate your help,
thanks

Carsten Klein