Re: Embedding HTML

Sam Carleton wrote:

> I have a simply Q.  I have an XML document destine to be transformed
> into a XHTML page.  Within this XML document there is one element
> named <definition> which contains XHTML that will simply be copied
> from the XML to the XHTML page.  How do I go about defining the
> definition element so that it can contain XHTML but not any old
> element?

I believe the following provides a good start for what you're looking
for:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-m12n-schema/
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-m12n-schema/schema-modules.html

I took the easy way out with the following, but it simply allows a mix
of text nodes and, unfortunately, "any old element":

  <xs:complexType name="HTMLText" mixed="true">
    <xs:complexContent mixed="true">
      <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:any processContents="skip"
                  minOccurs="0"
                  maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
      </xs:restriction>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company -- For the Home of Integration
http://ElectronicSolutionsCo.com

(610) 670-1710