Re: Embedding HTML

From: Steve Rosenberry <Steve.Rosenberry@ElectronicSolutionsCo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:57:31 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Sam Carleton wrote:
> I have a simply Q.  I have an XML document destine to be transformed
> into a XHTML page.  Within this XML document there is one element
> named <definition> which contains XHTML that will simply be copied
> from the XML to the XHTML page.  How do I go about defining the
> definition element so that it can contain XHTML but not any old
> element?

I believe the following provides a good start for what you're looking

I took the easy way out with the following, but it simply allows a mix
of text nodes and, unfortunately, "any old element":

  <xs:complexType name="HTMLText" mixed="true">
    <xs:complexContent mixed="true">
      <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
          <xs:any processContents="skip"

Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company -- For the Home of Integration

(610) 670-1710