Schema Document Access

From: Shirish Kulkarni <shirish_kul@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:07:42 -0800 (PST)
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I would like to locate the schema's at a central
location on a Unix machine and be able to access them
- irrespective of the run-directory of the parser
application

Thus the access is through local machine / nfs on Unix
machines.

For DTD's, we have to use EntityResolver to point to
the application controlled path to search for the
DTD's for Xerces parser.

I have the following questions -

+ Do Schema require the EntityResolver to be used ?
+ Can Schema's be accessible \without/ httpd running
on the serving machine ?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shirish