Free tools for building xml schema from db importing and exporting data

From: Diego Bragato <ing.diego@tiscali.it>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:37:41 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi all,

At the moment I'm looking for a freely available (possibly java) library
for building up the correct XML schema. The critical point is translating
relational constraints into an XML schema.  Then I'm looking for free APIs
for importing / exporting data according to that schema.

I got into various propietary versions of this such as Microsoft, Oracle
XML DB and XML Spy.

Freely available versions are mostly based on JDO, the question is do I
really need JDO ?
If I have a new DB to be plugged in, actually I don't wan't to do any more
java programming or debugging ... this is why I don't like JDO.

The database interface can be simply the XML definition itself. This is
straightly done in Microsoft and Oracle approaches.

Is there  a free set of such APIs, possibly database independent one ? For
example supporting Oracle, MS sqlserver, and Postgres ?

Diego Bragato