Re: XML result set schema validation

Tony Opatha <tonyopatha@yahoo.com> writes:

> If a document instance has some XML fragments included or excluded
> depending on the level of detail than how can the XSD schema be used to
> validate that instance? Using xsd:nil seems to indicate that the element
> is not present rather than the fact that multiple types of elements may
> be present or not present.

xsi:nil indicates that an element is _empty_ when it normally has
content -- that sounds to me like it covers "some XML fragments
included or excluded".

<snip/>

> Get me my bank account transaction information such that I see all
> checks cleared in past one month.

<transactions>
 <checks>
  . . .
 </checks>
 <ATM xsi:nil="true"/>
 <deposits xsi:nil="true"/>
</transactions>

> Get me my account transaction information such that I see all ATM
> transactions as well as check cleared in past one month.

<transactions>
 <checks>
  . . .
 </checks>
 <ATM>
  . . .
 </ATM>
 <deposits xsi:nil="true"/>
</transactions>

> Get me my account information such that I see all transactions for
> last one year.

<transactions>
 <checks>
  . . .