Re: list of tokens?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:12:32 +0100
To: Simon.Cox@csiro.au
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, clemens@portele.de

Hi Simon,

> I guess the question is, when processing a list, how does a
> processor work: does it process characters until it finds the next
> item separator, or does it process until it finds the first
> non-itemType (token) character?

Validation Rule (Datatype Valid) [1] says:

  1.2.2 if {variety} is ·list· then the string must be a sequence of
        white space separated tokens, each of which ·match·es a
        literal in the ·lexical space· of {item type definition}

This is your first option: the string is first split at whitespace
characters, and each of the items is then assessed against the item
type for the list type.

Cheers,

Jeni

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#cvc-datatype-valid