Re: problem referencing attributes from imported namespace

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:24:00 +0100
To: "vletrmx21@inwind.it" <vletrmx21@inwind.it>
CC: "xmlschema-dev" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

> Now I only have this error:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute
> 'encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP:Envelope'.
>
> And my xml document root looks as follows:
>
> <SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope" SOAP:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
>
> I've checked the envelope schema and it seems the attribute
> declaration is global.

Does the element declaration for the <SOAP:Envelope> element allow it
to take a SOAP:encodingStyle attribute? (Just because an attribute is
declared globally doesn't mean that it's allowed on every element --
the type of the element has to allow the attribute.)

I can't help with the rest of your problems.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison