RE: XML Schema compliance

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:22:54 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: "Jim Webber" <jim.webber@arjuna.com>

Hi all,

Carrying on from my previous questions on whether you could use the
xs:element type defined in the schema for scemas, I would like to ask
whether it's valid to write a schema with
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema as the target namespace (as it is the
case with schema for schemas) and define a complexType with the name
attribute set to "string", for example.

I am guessing that the XML Schema Datatypes REC doesn't allow me to do
that. Is this the case? What is the exact reason I am not allowed to do
this? (In previous messages we established that one can define new data
types in the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace, as it was the
case with xs:element type).

Thank you,
.savas.