Re: xsd

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:36:03 +0100
To: Kevin Terry <tkr_13@yahoo.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Kevin Terry <tkr_13@yahoo.com> writes:

> I tried to validate the an XSD, using on on-line xml
> validator
> (http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx)
> but returned following error:
> Validation error:
> Cannot resolve schemaLocation attribute. An error
> occurred at , (3, 4).
> The 'http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#:Signature'
> element is not declared. An error occurred at , (69,
> 10).

This error message means what it says, and explains what the
preceding, less clear, error message means:  You haven't provided any
information (e.g. a schemaLocation attribute on your xs:import) about
where to find a schema document for the
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig# namespace.  As a result, the
reference to a Signature element in that namespace fails.

Try adding

to your xs:import.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team