Re: Structures, Datatypes spec not consistent on simpleType final values

From: Neil Bradley <Neil.Bradley@rubus.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:39:05 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

The question originally asked in this thread was raised a long time ago, and appears to have had no reply. I too am interested in the answer. Also, at least one of the interpretations (section 3.14.2) it suggests that the final attribute, when used in the simpleType element, can only have a single value. So I have three questions:

1. can final hold the value "extension" when used on a simpleType element?

2. can final hold multiple values (e.g. "union list") when used on a simpleType element?

3. should "extension" be used in preference to "union list" (if it is allowed) to mean the same thing?

Neil.