normalizedString typo?

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:27:50 +0200
To: XML Schema Dev ML <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Quoting from XML Schema Recommendation part 2:

  The ·value space· of normalizedString is the set of strings that do
  not contain the carriage return (#xD), line feed (#xA) nor tab (#x9)
  characters. The ·lexical space· of normalizedString is the set of
  strings that do not contain the carriage return (#xD) nor tab (#x9)
  characters.

Is it correct the difference between the value and lexical space?

If yes, how should string containing line feed and having
whiteSpace = preserve should be handled?

TIA,
Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy