Re: [XSV] base URI handling and HTTP redirect

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:19:12 -0400
To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>

>>Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> writes:
>> It looks like XSV doesn't use the Location header of HTTP to resolve
>> URIs; it keeps reusing the original location before the redirect. This
>> problem appears on the WSDL 1.2 XML Schema
>> (http://www.w3.org/2003/06/wsdl) that has an include statement.
>I've put a tentative fix for this, at least for include, import and
>redefine, as well as via namespace name and xsi:schemaLocation, in the
>online version.  I've tested it on your example, and it works, but
>there are many subtleties here, so anyone with similar problems in the
>past please test and report.

I had originally found this problem (thinking that I was making a mistake)
and I'm desperately trying to even understand the basics of WSDL
extensions. In my desperation I downloaded [1], but that doesn't seem to
fix the problem for me from the command line. I suppose I'll just have to
wait for the next RPM. :)

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/xmlschema/XSV/compile/SSchema.py?rev=1.13&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup