validation with a grammar

From: Miguel Siu <msiu@sdsio-mail.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:55:44 -0800
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: "Miguel Siu" <msiu@sdsio-mail.jpl.nasa.gov>

Hi, I have been trying to validate an XML document
with a schema grammar that I pre-parse before parsing
the main document.  My schema grammar parses successfully,
but I've not been able to apply it to the parsing of the
target XML document.  Help!  I am using the XercesDOMParser
APIs as follows:

    XercesDOMParser *parser = new XercesDOMParser;

          const char*                xsdptr = "grammar.xsd" ;
          const short                grammartype = 1 ;  //DTD or Schema
          parser->loadGrammar(xsdptr, grammartype, true);
          parser->useCachedGrammarInParse(true);   //redundant

I have used the isUsingCachedGrammarInParse()
and also the    isCachingGrammarFromParse()  APIs to verify
that the grammar is being parsed and cached.  I just can't get it
to be applied to my XmlFile parse!  Thanks for the help.

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I can
think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

                         -- from 2001, A Space Odyssey.
| Miguel Siu                                msiu@sdsio.jpl.nasa.gov  |
| RAYTHEON Corporation                                               |
| 299 North Euclid Ave. Suite 500           (626) 817-5923  Raytheon |
| Pasadena, CA  91101                                                |