check element type during schema validation

From: Lingzhi Zhang <lzhang@cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:53:59 -0800 (PST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I am trying to implement an application to check to the type of each
element in xml document using Xerces-J, for example

type movie {
	title
	year
}

then <title> and <year> should have type of movie.

I think this information should be avaible during schema
validation. However, I found that Xerces PSVI doesn't not include it. Does
any body know whether Xerces has support to it?

Stephen