Re: XML Validator: Refresh?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 03 Jan 2003 12:03:55 +0000
To: <mpunktw@gmx.net>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

"Widmann, Manfred Dipl.-Ing." <mpunktw@gmx.net> writes:

> Is it possible that the XML validator buffers the file which one intends to
> validate? It recognizes an error, I tried to correct it, uploaded it to the
> server, started it again ... and got exactly the same error messages again!
>
> When I tried it a little later other error messages (obviosly I did no good
> job in correcting all the errors ;-)) were displayed ...

This is a previously reported problem, which we have never been able
to track down to the MIT side of the transaction - - there is _some_
evidence in _some_ previous cases that the problem originates
client-side, that is, at the user end.  Are you sure you're not behind
a caching proxy at some stage?