Re: XML validation fails when schema includes another schema

From: <ron@high-valley.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:19:21 -0500
To: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

I figured this one out.  The schemaLocation URL for my schema is:

"http://www.high-valley.com/..."

It looks like the '-' in the domain name is causing problems for MSXML4.0, but
only if I have an additional "include" in my schema.

I put the schemas on my local filesystem using "file:///c:/..." and it works
fine.

I put the schemas on my local HTTP server using "http://localhost/..." and it
works fine.

I changed the Domain name in the schemalocation of the XML instance to the
actual IP address of www.high-valley.com (204.188.79.10) and it works fine.

Quite an annoying problem actually, but at least I found a workaround.

This mail was sent using www.Now2net.net