Re: More on xs:anySimpleType

From: Hugh Wallis <hugh_wallis@hyperion.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:56:29 -0500
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>

Can I just confirm then that these errata, taken in conjunction with the
ones that Dare pointed me to previously, will permit the following situation
in the schema for which targetNamespace="myNamespace" for example:

<element name="item" type="anySimpleType" abstract="true">
<simpleType name="monetary">
    <restriction base="decimal"/>
<element name="cash" type="myNamespace:monetary" substitutionGroup="item">

I figure this ought to be OK since we are deriving monetary from decimal and
not from anySimpleType directly.