Q: reason for '##any' being the default for 'namespace' attribute in 'any' element

From: Christian Lieske <christian_lieske@yahoo.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:28:58 +0100 (CET)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello everyone,

I thought I might dare to approach the list with a
question since general Web search and browsing of the
list did not yield anything helpful ...

We are currently working on a schema in which we want
to use the 'any' element in order to allow
flexibility. While doing this, we started to ask
ourselves why '##any' was chosen as default for the
'namespace' attribute. From our understanding,
'##other' would be an option that would keep people
closer to the original schema, since it would disallow
the appearance of markup from the original namespace
in the 'any' element.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Christian