Applicative attribute

From: Bruno Chatel <bcha@chadocs.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:31:03 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: "Bruno Chatel" <bcha@chadocs.net>

Hi,

I want to use some "applicative attributes" in XMLdocuments
that are processed with schemas.
The idea I found was to use a particular namespace for these attributes
without modifying my "target" schemas.

Something like this :

doc.xsd : targerNamespace = http://www.mutu-xml.org/mydoc
    describes doc components (content model) in this namespace
    an element test is only declared as empty witout attributes

doc.xml :
  <doc xmlns="http://www.mutu-xml.org/mydoc"
    xmlns:app=http://www.mutu-xml.org/mydoc/appl
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.mutu-xml.org/mydoc doc.xsd">
    <test app:id="1"/>
</doc>

But it is rejected by a validator (such as Xerces) indicating that
  app:id us not allowed to appear in element 'test'
I am ok with this message... but is there a way to indicate that all
attributes of a namespace ( particlular one or any other than the targetNamespace)
 must be ignored ?

any idea ?

thanks in advance

regards