Support for enumeration and pattern in list-simpleTypes

From: Mik Lernout <mik@futurestreet.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:21:08 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hey guys,

When doing some XMLSchema testing, I encountered a strange thing with
the Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator. When using the enumeration and
pattern-facets in a list simpleType it gives me schema validity errors.
A good example is the po.xsd from the spec. (Primer 2.1) When you change
SKU simpleType from a restriction to a list type (see below) and add one
of these facets I get this exception: "element "xsd:pattern" is not
allowed here" or "element "xsd:enumeration" is not allowed here".
My question is: is this kind of non-conformance to the spec normal? Only
in this specific case? Or is this a bug I should address with the Sun
people?

Thanks anyway!

Mik

<!-- Stock Keeping Unit, a code for identifying products -->
<xsd:simpleType name="SKU">
  <xsd:list itemType="xsd:string">
   <xsd:enumeration value="SKU1"/>
   <xsd:enumeration value="SKU2"/>
  </xsd:list>
</xsd:simpleType>

<!-- Stock Keeping Unit, a code for identifying products -->
<xsd:simpleType name="SKU">
  <xsd:list itemType="xsd:string">
   <xsd:pattern value="SKU*"/>
  </xsd:list>