Standardization of XSchema validation results and parsers are returning only the first error

From: <martin.frenzel@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:51:22 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello,

i used several validating xml-parsers (Oracle XDK, XMLSpy, MSXML).  I was
suprised as i found out that the validation errors
are not standardized yet. For example Oracle-C-XDK returns something like
"in Line X there is an error..." ,
but the linenumber depends on the formatting...

I would suggest to return the error location in XPath Syntax and to
standardize the possible errors.

Does anyone knows where (and if)  the behavior of validating parsers
concerning error is described ?

TIA
Martin Frenzel