Re: Identifying the source schema for PSVI contributions

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:50:10 +0100
To: John Snelson <jpcs@decisionsoft.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

John Snelson <jpcs@decisionsoft.com> writes:

<snip/>

> However, when using elementForm="unqualified", any element
> declarations that I have that are not globally scoped in the schema
> document have a target namespace of _absent_. This occurs more
> frequently when we talk about attribute declarations, where it is more
> usual to use attributeForm="unqualified".
>
> In this situation, given the object isomorphic to the element
> declaration, how can I find the target namespace of the schema
> document it came from (or, in fact, any other kind of uniquely
> identifying information).

Ah, right.  At the moment there is no definitive way to do this in the
presence of named element and attribute groups.  We're looking at ways
to fix this.  If you _know_ no named groups were referenced in
building your schema, you can just go up the component hierarchy until you
find a targetNamespace.  If you can go up the component hierarchy
using the xerces-j API.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team