Identifying the source schema for PSVI contributions

From: John Snelson <jpcs@decisionsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:35:31 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

In the software I am currently writing, I am making extensive use of the
PSVI, through the PSVI bindings in xerces-j. When I am examining the
attribute/element declarations and type definitions associated with my
document, it is important for me to know what schema these
declarations/definitions have come from.

So, my question is: Is there any way I can find out the target namespace
(or any other uniquely identifying information) for the schema that a
particular PSVI contribution has been validated using?

I understand that you can get a namespace information item, if the
declaration or definition is globally declared, but I also want to be
able to find the same information if it is locally declared.

Can anyone help? I thought this would be simple until I started to
investigate further...

--
John Snelson, Software Engineer        +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                   http://www.decisionsoft.com