PSVI Question

From: Navid <silencer2020@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:54:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: XML-DEV <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, XML-SCHEMA-DEV <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hello,

I had a PSVI question I was hoping someone could help
me out with.  The [validation attempted] property for
an attribute should be assigned a 'full' value if it's
 strictly assessed and 'none' if it's not.

An attribute is NOT strictly assessed (according to
'Validation Rule: Schema-Validity Assessment
(Attribute)') if one of clause 1 or 2 of 'Attribute
Locally Valid (3.2.4)' does NOT hold.  Clause 2 of
'Attribute Locally Valid (3.2.4)' is:

2) Its {type definition} must not be absent.

So according to the above my interpretation is that an
attribute declaration such as <attribute name="att1"/>
is NOT strictly assessed, since it has its type
missing.  Thus, the [validation attempted] property
should be 'none', but both Xerces and XSV output
'full'.  Did I misunderstand something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Navid