RE: Things my mother never told me about types and equality...

Before reading your paper I was wondering, have you paid attention to
the work the XQuery working group has done in this area[0]?

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xquery-20021115/#N40238D

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
A Smith & Wesson beats four aces.