Re: Attributes vs. Elements for Code values

My organization has 2 schemas one with each approach. The issue is somewhat
of a wash until you consider if you are providing an enumerated list of
values. We have found it to be more flexible to have this as element
content than as attribute content.

Originally coming from SGML, I would have pushed the attribute route
because a DTD allowed some validation and control of a defined list where
element content didn't. Schemas change that and allowed both the manage
this issue, now it seems to be how you might want to extend a list of
values that settle the discussion.