Re: List of union

"Michael Marchegay" <mmarcheg@optonline.net> writes:

> Imagine that you have the following simple type definition:
>
> <simpleType name="foo">
>   <list>
>     <simpleType>
>       <union>
>         <simpleType><list itemType="boolean"/><simpleType>
>       </union>
>     </simpleType>
>   <list>
> </simpleType>
>
> The {base type definition} of foo is the ·simple ur-type definition·;
> Derivation Valid (Restriction, Simple) is therefore not required;

Yes it is.  Sorry the name is confusing, we should probably have
changed it, but the prose at the beginning of 3.14.6 Constraints on
Simple Type Definition Schema Components reads:

  "All simple type definitions other than the simple ur-type
  definition and the built-in primitive datatype definitions (see
  Simple Type Definitions (3.14)) must satisfy both the following
  constraints."

Derivation Valid (Restriction, Simple) is the second constraint, and
thus applies to _all_ user-defined simple type definitions.

So your type definition is, as you hoped, ruled out.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team