Re: anyAttribute and ##targetNamespace question

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:19:33 +0100
To: "Kriegesmann, Peter" <Peter.Kriegesmann@softwareag.com>
CC: "Schema Dev XML (E-mail)" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi Peter,

> Reading the spec it is not 100% clear to me, the spec
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#Wildcards)
> says:
>
> 1 if one such substring is ##targetNamespace, the corresponding
> member is the .actual value. of the targetNamespace [attribute] of
> the <schema> ancestor element information item if present, otherwise
> .absent..
>
> In case of importing schema files, is this from the importing or
> imported schema point of view ?

The relevant <schema> element is the ancestor of the <anyAttribute>
element that represents the wildcard. In the case you describe, the
<anyAttribute> wildcard is in Schema B with a target namespace of
"BNS" so the wildcard stands for any attribute in the BNS namespace.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison