anyAttribute and ##targetNamespace question

From: Kriegesmann, Peter <Peter.Kriegesmann@softwareag.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:46:27 +0200
To: "Schema Dev XML (E-mail)" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Dear friends of the XML schema,

Today I have a question about wildcards in conjunction with namespace
"##targetNamespace" and import.

Let's think about the following constellation:

- Schema A (targetNamespace="ANS") imports Schema B (targetNamespace="BNS").

- There exists a global attributeGroup "ag" within B, which has the
following member:

	<xs:anyAttribute namespace="##targetNamespace" processContents =
"lax">

- Within A there is a attributeGroup reference to "ag".

Now here is my question:

Must the attribute definiton in the xml instance document reside in
namespace "ANS" or "BNS" ?

Reading the spec it is not 100% clear to me, the spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#Wildcards) says:

1 if one such substring is ##targetNamespace, the corresponding member is
the .actual value. of the targetNamespace  [attribute] of the <schema>
ancestor element information item if present, otherwise .absent..

In case of importing schema files, is this from the importing or imported
schema point of view ?

Your help is appreciated,

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Kriegesmann
Phone	 06151-921484
Electronic Business Technologies (QE)				Fax
06151-921612

Software AG
http://www.softwareag.com
Uhlandstrasse 12