Re: [xml-dev] Character Information Item

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:36:59 -0400
To: Navid <silencer2020@yahoo.ca>
Cc: XML-DEV <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, XML-SCHEMA-DEV <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Navid scripsit:

> "The ISO 10646 character code (in the range 0 to
> #x10FFFF, though not every value in this range is a
> legal XML character code) of the character."
>
> So is this property suppose to contain the hex number
> of the character or the character itself.

My intention was to have it contain the number, which is what the term
"character code" means.

> why I'm confused is because XSV always produces either
> the number 10 or 9 for this property, but Xerces-J
> outputs the actual characters for this property.

That sounds broken.  However, the Infoset is an abstract specification of
what you get from a parser; it is not an API.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.reutershealth.com